Polyeco Group were awarded two projects by United Nations Development Program in Mauritius through international tendering procedures. The projects involved the provision of services for the remediation of soils contaminated with DDT and the destruction of POPs chemicals, DDT contaminated debris and PCB contaminated transformers. The main activities invluced:
- Provision of equipment and consumables
- Safe repackaging and labelling of the waste in accordance with ADR/IMDG requirements
- Remediation of the area with DDT contaminated soil
- Export of the waste to France in accordance with the specifications of the Basel Convention
- Destruction of waste at EU licensed hazardous waste incineration facilities
The projects were implemented in close cooperation with UNDP Mauritius, the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development and the Ministry of Local Government, Rodrigues and the Outer Islands in the Republic of Mauritius.